Wednesday 5 October 2011

Melaka


We arrived in the evening and jumped on the tourist river cruise. The smell of fresh sewage is a memory I'd like to quickly forget. And what have they done to this place? Someone in government thinks Disneyfication is what tourists want. The old town has been lit up with spotlights and neon and looks like Disney World. The character has been eradicated. Today I took my serious camera out for only a couple of very ordinary scenes more out of desperation than interest. My yahoo mail is unobtainable since Saturday but at least my axiom web site mail is working... Tomorrow it's onward to Johor Bahru and Singapore.

The Melaka river





Midday nap...





Quality tat in Chinatown...


Foot massage?





Recovering at the pool and then at the relaxation area... Ahhh





Posted using BlogPress from my iPodTouch

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...