Saturday 26 February 2011

Redheads




I am no longer cursed. Why? Because I no longer have hair. No red hair to be precise. In my hippy youth I looked very much like the poor chap in the middle picture above, except sans the afro hairstyle. Yes, that's me in the last shot together with some beautiful creatures, circa 1980. Interestingly, and as I was in the Middle East at the time and the Prophet himself was supposed to be a redhead, the Arabs took me to their heart. But sadly in the West, generally men with red hair just aren't cool. Women are afraid to be seen with them. Young children point and run screaming to their mothers. Other men/boys beat them up. The plain fact is, you just can't look cool on a motorbike, at the bar, in a club or anywhere with hair that red. But for women it's a whole different story. They look hot. They are dangerous and passionate, powerfully individual, desirable and glamorous. Not fair, is it chaps? Hairpiece, as the late John Lennon said. 




7 comments:

  1. You are very very smart in the photo!really!!!
    NO FAT TUMMY and have red thick hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha (taking notes about what I'm supposed to be, as a redhead and - holy cow! - female, and will read the words again and again every time I feel down :P)... The fact is that you do look sexy on that third (wonderful) pic lol! the woman too, absolutely and the other guy, I'd see more a problem of hair thickness than colour. But for men, specially young men and boys, I agree it must not be easy, it's different. But ask women around I'm sure they find male-ish readheads as sexy as other guys... besides there's the Irish / Scottish aura / touch that goes with these men. And that's supa sexy for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you vegebug, you can comment here anytime!

    Thanks Candles, I agree, but then, as you're a redhead, I have no choice! (if I want to live that is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post completely cracks me up because EVERYBODY says the same thing about being a redhead. Why is that the universal truth about redheads?? (Well, I think it's weird anyway, but I'm a redhead.) But I have to tell you -- girls get some teasing, too, so don't feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at all. I am a ginger, and maybe being Irish helps, but I have never experienced anything negative. When I was running the London Marathon a few years ago as a top elite athlete, I was surrounded by the African athletes, and in certain parts of the course people were shouting out "Ginger". It didn't bother me at all. Plus look at the famous male redhead celebrities and movie stars - I think we are doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind the hair - it's the 70s flares you need to worry about!
    Seriously, I think that's a great photo of you and you look fantastico :-)

    ReplyDelete

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...