Monday 13 March 2023

Paris or Camberley?

 


Park Street in Camberley stood in for Paris on one cold winter foggy night over Christmas. I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned noir style movie, Casablanca being one of my favourite movies, even though they made it quickly as "B' feature, it still beats the pants off modern movies for style and inteligent dialogue. Remember dialogue? These days that simply means mumbled incoherent nonsense. Back then you had to concentrate on what the actors actually said, because it was important to the narrative. Today CGI is the more important. So this shot is my nod to the genre.

I guess that's why I tend to like my images dark and with a little bit of a lost feeling about them. And of course, Paris has all that and more. The same can't be said about Camberley... 

The image above looks great on the wall. I have my images printed and framed professionally by Whitewall.com and if you want to own any of my images, I only charge you what they charge me. At cost in other words. I then add 30% for my beer money. Seems fair to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...