Tuesday 27 March 2012

Pond Life ...



So the pond work continues. Having drained the water and removed the stinking fish-poo sludge, the plastic liner has been removed and now for the hard part. Digging. Did an hour tonight and it's harder work than I remembered. I must also be careful to pace myself of course. It all takes much longer than it should ...

I'd much rather be walking along the canal like these folk, but I've got to work for a living. I can't believe how warm and, well, summery it all is. And we're still in March! It seems strange to have such warm weather and the tree's are still bare, apart from some buds. Still, as long as it stays dry this week so that I can re-line the pond and get the surviving fish back in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...