Saturday 3 December 2011

Dawn at Angkor Wat






It was just after dawn when we entered Angkor Wat and the main  invasion of tourists had not yet arrived, so there was hardly anyone around except for just a few hardy explorers... oh, and this couple getting married. 

I stopped to say hello and then get a snap of them when I realised I was being filmed by their cameraman as I did so. So I guess I'm now immortalised on the wedding video as the mad western tourist! 

Behind them you can see the long causeway leading to the temple itself, and the top shot is of the entrance to the causeway taken from the temple. With such large distances to walk, the dawn start and the cooler air was a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...