Wednesday 16 November 2011

Tropical Storm

(click or tap the image to view in high resolution)

Here in the UK we get occasional torrential downpours that last oh, I don't know, nearly as long as five minutes once every thousand years or so... But in the tropics they last hours and usually happen everyday. 

This particular storm in Malaysia lasted three hours and almost filled the storm drains which, naturally, are huge (we would call them canals over here). So this chap wasn't particularly happy when I asked him to imitate the film Dancing in the Rain for me. He looked at me as though I had gone quite mad. Plus he'd never heard of the film. Some gentle prodding and the promise of a beer and he was out. Not exactly Gene Kelly, but I think the resulting shot was worth the beer, but I'm not so sure he was quite as happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...