Sunday 25 September 2011

London Life Part 1

(click to view larger)

Yesterday I went into London to pick up the Leica after waiting five weeks! I was bereft. But in the meantime I had taken another lover, the iTouch. A crappy little 0.7mp image but brilliant convenience. I decided to snap interesting people as I went along. It's surprisingly tough walking up to a complete stranger and asking to take their picture. If I thought about it for more then a second, I didn't do it. So instead, immediately someone captured my interest, I walked straight up and said hello. In about 50% of cases, they were happy to have their picture taken, and even to chat a little while. The iTouch allowed me to take down instant notes - but its auto-fill featured screwed up some of the names ... I might use the audio memo function in future. 

So first up, top left, were these two beautiful Romanian students. On the left is Veronica, 18 and on a economics scholarship, and to her right is her friend Mohawk, 21,(what wonderful eyes!) studying at Royal Holloway in Bio-medics hoping to go into dentistry. Both speak several languages and have ambitious plans once they graduate to help their families and country. Wonderful girls. 

On Waterloo bridge I met John from LSE making a film, then I said hello to Brendon enjoy the warm sunshine and his paper, and lastly just a snap of a harassed looking man having a street-side coffee. 

I have a dozen or so more shots to upload later ... But so far I rather like the vivid and gritty feel to this little camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...