Saturday 6 May 2023

Coronation Cheers!

 


This was my second coronation experience. I sat the first one out sitting on the potty, being only two. I very much doubt I'll be seeing a third, but if I do, I'll probably have regressed to sitting on a potty again. Such is life... But I wanted to capture something of the day, if I could. But there was nothing remarkable going on locally and I was not about to brave the crowds downtown. I managed to get nothing. Nothing that is, until I gave up and headed for the pub for a meal and a drink. 

The image above was taken on a budget iPhone that's out of date by a number of years, much like myself really. But the resulting image does remind me slightly of those old Norman Rockwell paintings of American life way back in the day and I like that. Just a moment in time of an ordinary family enjoying themselves as history plays out around them. Or more correctly, above them on the TV. 

I watched as this little group chatted, glancing up occasionally at the coronation proceedings being broadcast live to the TV screen above. I knew there was a picture here. Eventually I managed to get up the courage to go over and ask them if they would allow me to take their picture raising their glasses to the TV and the newly crowned King. They were delighted to do so, and so was I, as I had my picture of the great day. Funny how things turn out. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic shot... It has that undeniable vintage feeling. It is timeless (except for the new King of course).

    ReplyDelete

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...