Monday 14 May 2012

Lise de la Salle




Driving through the rain this afternoon, the dark skies were unexpectedly banished as I listened to the radio and Chopin's Piano Concerto No.2 in F minor Opus 21 played by the delectable Lise de la Salle. 

I arrived at my destination, wholly without recollection of how I drove or where I had driven though. The emotion of the music had transported me to another place. Some reviewers rate her performance as overly sugary, but her delicate touch managed to convey so much it was as astonishing as unexpected. And I'm not really a Classical music fanatic. But, as she says in her video below, here Chopin is about nostalgia and passion with a sense of exile, and she brings that feeling to the fore well. So, sugary or not, I bought the CD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...