Friday 11 November 2011

Cliched Rock Shots

Oh no, it's the old fish-eye lens in the rec room shot again...

My youngest's fiance is in a rock band and they have asked me to do a group shot of the band. Hmm, difficult to get something that's at once original and at the same time evocative of their music. I started thinking about backdrops, and where could I place all five members for a shot. Somewhere atmospheric and edgy? And then I realised nearly all rock bands are photographed (I nearly said 'shot') up against a wall. Then I found this very funny site that lambasts 'brick wallers' - bands that have done the same boring shot.

I have an idea ... But if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

2 comments:

  1. it's quite safe over the pond, so tell me, tell us!!? :D ... for a rock band... what would I do hm... to make such pictures... i'd really need to know the band's universe, lyrics and messages I think... then ideas would follow...nooo?

    ReplyDelete

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...