Sunday 30 October 2011

Waterloo Station


Sticking the camera on the end of the mono-pod and hoisting it a couple of meters above my head made for some unusual glances from the harried passengers who saw me at Waterloo station when I took this shot. I was half-expecting the swat team from security to descend upon me but no, nobody said a word! The clock is famous as the preferred meeting place for lovers to wait patiently beneath. These days though, the crowds probably make that a bit difficult ...  



I was sitting in Pret a Manger having a coffee and reviewing the images of St Paul's when this chap, Janson, sat down next to me and started up a conversation. Strangers don't normally start conversations with me, I'm a bit too big and ugly for that usually. But he had spotted the Leica and, a bit like dog walkers I suppose, if you happen to meet a fellow with a breed you like, you tend to have a chat. So for the next half-hour we chatted enjoyably about photography in general and the shop even provided an extra cup of coffee for us, gratis. (unheard of!)Janson is a retired photo enthusiast and just like myself, had been busy shooting the St Paul's event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's It Folks!

  The gate is now shut. With no one around, it's time to turn off the lights and leave. It's been fun and maybe one day someone will...